YakAttack TowNStow Bunkster Kayak Cart - Coming Soon!
Available starting 5/19/2023
Made in the USA to a standard of quality you’ve come to expect from YakAttack; the TowNStow Bunkster Kayak Cart is built from UV-resistant, high-quality, injection-molded polymers and anodized aluminum tubing and assembled with stainless steel hardware. Designed to withstand years of use in harsh outdoor and marine environments, the TowNStow Bunkster is backed by our Built for Life Guarantee.
Fixed Upright Bunks
The Bunkster features two fixed uprights configured in the “bunk-style” configuration, where the bars are parallel to the hull of your vessel, which fits many hull shapes of modern-day kayaks. The uprights can easily be repositioned along the axle to maximize compatibility with different kayak widths and body lines of the hull. The axle features six bunk positions ranging from 6.25” to 16” wide.
Tie-Downs and Bunk Pads
Securing a kayak to the Bunkster with straps can be different for every model of kayak, so like the TowNStow BarCart, the Bunkster has multiple integrated tie-down points. Strap loops built into the wheel hubs work great for kayaks that are wider than the wheelbase of the cart, and a centralized tie-down point located at the center of the axle is excellent when transporting narrow watercrafts. The tie-down points are designed for 1” flat webbing cam straps (not included), but you can also use rope that is less than 5/16” in diameter. For added grip on the underside of your kayak, the Bunkster includes four super “grippy” rubber bumpers. For long-term durability, we opted for designing snap-on rubber bumpers instead of common foam.
Storage and Components
Many anglers set up their kayaks in the boat ramp parking lot and then cart them to water’s edge, but taking the cart back to their vehicle is not always an option. Doing so leaves your kayak and gear unattended and susceptible to theft. The Bunkster was designed to disassemble completely and without the need for tools. The wheels remove by depressing the button behind the hub on the axle and can be done in seconds. The fixed uprights remove by lifting the orange position detent lever and sliding them off the axle. Everything minus the centralized tie-down point can be removed from the aluminum axle, leaving you with five parts that can be stored in most hatches.
The Bunkster comes with two kickstands, configured with one on each side to optimize and support the loading angle for both sides of the cart. When not in use, the beefy kickstands snap in place, locked out of the way.
- Click HERE for the kayak cart fitment guide
- Click HERE for the Bunkster Quick Start Guide
- Wheels are designed for use on hardpacked surfaces (this is not a sand tire)
- Made in the USA
- Lifetime Warranty
- Tool-less adjustment with no loose parts
- Designed for use with 1” cam straps (straps not included)
- Made from UV-resistant polymers, anodized aluminum, and stainless steel
- Easily adjustable
- 6 adjustable width positions; Max 16”, Min width 6.25”
- Wheels remove by a push of a button
- Multiple integrated tie-down points
- All touch-points are highlighted using orange polymers
- Dual Kick-Away Kick Stands
- Rubber bunk pads
- 3-Piece BeadLoc Wheel Design
- Quick-release components to quickly stow the cart
- Built for use in harsh marine conditions
- Weight: 11 lbs. 1 oz.
- Wheel size – 12” diameter, 2.5” wide
- Axle Length: 26.5”
- Weight Capacity - Flat surface rating: 450 lbs., Trail rating: 300 lbs., 5 inch drop rating: 200 lbs.
- SKU: TNS-1002
- UPC: 819731015982
- Patent Pending